Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Things To Do In College

Things to do in college:

No matter where we are, there will always be that nagging thought that “there’s nothing to do” or “I’m so bored”. I know that I am definitely guilty of this, especially being on a college campus away from what I’m used to, I just really know what to do.

I’ve found that by doing these things, I have so many opportunities that I’m always on my next adventure!

1- LOOK FOR ON CAMPUS EVENTS!

Your school definitely has a lot of activities to keep students busy, but not all of those are advertised. Keep a close eye on your college’s campus events page. 

Since I go to Arizona State University, I’ll use the ASU events page as an example. 

Just search your college and events. So, for example, I just type into google “ASU events”

Usually, your college’s official events page pops up.

ASU’s looks like this: 




Then, if you continue to use the only thing that keeps me going (Google), and you just search through the first page of results (no one ever goes to the second page of results, and if you do, I’m amazed at your commitment), then you should find something campus-related near you. 

A lot of times, your school will host concerts, art galleries, movie nights, carnivals, and just general fun events to go to!

2- LOOK AT YOUR LOCAL GYM (OR CAMPUS GYM)!

Your local fitness center likely has lots of promotional classes that you can take. Taking a class in a fitness environment really helps you discover new things.

I did this recently by attending a Sunday morning wake up Yoga and I was AMAZED! I loved it! Plus, through the ASU Fitness Center, the class was free, and I was around people of my own age range. 

You can probably find these events and classes either in your gym or on their website. Don’t be afraid to ask staff for advice on upcoming or current events!

This is a great thing that you can do by yourself or with a friend.

If you’re like me, this is also a good way to tell yourself that you’re being fit, even if you only go once a week. 

3- EXPLORE!

This one is really simple, but, just look around! Simply just by taking a walk around where you live or going on a hike, trying a new restaurant, shopping at a new store, or even just trying to get to the top of the tallest buildings on campus, you can find awesome new things!

Fun fact: did you know that ASU has a hidden courtyard that you have to go through an underground tunnel-like thing to get to? I didn’t either until I just went around exploring!

4- HANG OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

A night with friends is never a night wasted. Even if it’s just sitting down and talking, you’ll surely get something out of it. 

Plus, if you’re indecisive like me, you can make them decide what to do! (win-win)

You’ll cherish the memories, and cure yourself of that wretched boredom while making great relationships!



Don’t forget to put your schoolwork first, but if you’re bored, take the opportunity to try new things.



screaming IN ALL CAPS

No comments:

Post a Comment